Yesterday I saw my first sheep in New Zealand. I know you are probably asking, "how can you be in New Zealand for an entire month and not see a single sheep?" Well, apparently Wellington is not the place to see sheep. So another Fulbrighter and I took a ferry across the harbor to Days Bay. The purpose of the journey was not to see sheep, but they were an added bonus along with a couple goats. We walked up into the bush and down along the beach on a dirt road.
We also grabbed some gelato at a local shop in Eastbourne called Gelissimo. The vanilla brownie raspberry gelato was a good choice, but I regretted the pistacchio choice after the first bite. Oh well, at least it was worth a try. I don't think I'll be getting that kind again!
Here are some photos from our adventure:
 |
View from trail above Days Bay
|
No comments:
Post a Comment