I am a scientist who studies glaciers in the Arctic and Antarctic. Follow my blog to learn about my adventures in the field.
Monday, February 21, 2011
when NZ has free cell phone calls...
Last night I experienced a rather bizarre event. Apparently 2Degrees -- one of the main cell phone services here -- had a glitch in their system and all correspondence over the cell phone towers became free for a couple hours. Since this is such a rare occurrence and calling and texting are so expensive here, everyone got really excited and started calling and texting people they hadn't talked to in ages. It's amazing how quickly the word "free" spread across the network. I was at a grocery story at the time with my two flatmates, and they were absentmindedly talking on their phones while we shopped. It probably took us at least 30 minutes longer because of this glitch in the system.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment